You may be asking what I bought?
Well it's a funny story....
Good old grandma and I got there a little later than planned after EVERYONE ELSE THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO GO bailed on me for various reasons (including good old grandma). Once she got to moving and realized that I was depressed because I would not be buying other people's junk she decided that she would escort me promptly. When we arrived around 11am I realized that many vendors were already packing up/gone... but in a place like Springfield that just meant that I had a manageable amount of looking to tackle.
I was in search of new house numbers and pinterest had brainwashed me in to believing that the only acceptable numbers to put on the house were vintage marquis numbers or old rusty gas station numbers... trying to find a 2, 3 and 9 proved to be impossible.
I did however manage to score a gorgeous new corde bag for when I am feeling fancy and a net/blanket from a lady who tried to sell me an entire set of 8... insisting they were curtains.
This would have been an okay day in Springfield. I could have left feeling good about my purchases and sated with my adventure.
Until Dr. Teeth came along...
![]() |
| Have I gotta deal for you.... |
Lounging in a run down band van littered with what appeared to be a graveyard for musical instruments sat Dr. Teeth (well if he was a muppet he was Dr. Teeth). I immediately went for the largest item he had (as is my nature to want the biggest or shiniest thing), a broken down timpani drum.
Good old grandma: "what do you want that for?"
Me: "a planter"
Dr. Teeth "That is $100 groovy lady"
Good old grandma: "I don't think you need a broken down $100 drum for a planter."
Me: "Can you do any better on the price?"
Dr. Teeth: "$70 and I will throw in half a trombone"
Me: "Sold"
So I drag my drum home it turned out to be the perfect pot to perch in front of the pink house.
![]() |
| From this..... |
![]() |
| to this... spot the drum and my mythical lawn ornament? |




No comments:
Post a Comment