| I love all the inspiration at the fair... not to mention the Pumpkin rolls. |
I landed these items:
Tokyo Milk Dark Aresnic Parfume
Absinthe, Vanilla Salt, Cut Greens, Crushed Fennel add to a unique scent that is sure to make everyone around you think you are mysterious and smell like sex on a stick. As a girl that usually cannot wear anything but sweet scents, I loved that this was not sweet and didn't smell like B.O. on me. I always stop by the fair to pick up a few bottles of my favorite Tokyo Milk products in the Earth Angels booth. They have a fantastic selection and GASP sale prices.
Jelly Queens Spiced Caramel and Black Garlic and Rosemary Jam
Have you heard of this fantastic company? The Jelly Queens , based out of Austin Texas, make jams, jellies and sauces and all other kinds of fantastic things for your pantry. I purchased the spiced caramel and savory black garlic jam. The wonderful ladies at the booth also mentioned that they would be having a cookbook out in the future, so I look forward to that (and maybe to submitting a recipe using their delicious jam).
Inspiration
The Country Living Fair is always worth the price of admission (which can be steep to some at $16) if you are crafter and need some good inspiration. I am not about making knock-offs of things, but at times the cost is a little above my budget (trust me, I doubt I can do NEARLY as well as the ladies who sell their crafts at the fair.
While browsing around the Earth Angels tent I came across the beautiful creations of Derby Blooms . Using hand sewn flowers and vintage millinery flowers, gorgeous hair baubles or broaches can be created! I realized while agonizing which one I liked the best that I already owned bags full of such wonders and all I had to do was create one for myself. Look at all of these gorgeous examples!
Food
Finally, a trip to a "fair" requires at least one item classified as fair food. Thankfully Audreys Pumpkin Rolls was there to give me the goods... and boy were they tasty. Just the right amount of spice and cream cheese filling to keep this girl happy.






No comments:
Post a Comment