Let me first preface by saying that I LOVE this series. I buy the hardback edition ,which is a bigish deal for a girl who usually pays for her novels out of the Goodwill. It has been quite a wait for this book (thank goodness for the Companion Book or I would have forgotten what the heck was going on since I read the last novel a year ago, and let's face it... I don't remember what happened an hour ago, yet ago a year ago.) The short story in the companion book also helped me with some of the storyline of Deadlocked as well... but more on that later.
Did you know this book is the second to last book in the series? That is right folks, Sookie is gonna finally find her happy ending (fingers crossed!)... and I have to admit, I think it is about time. The thing is, after 12 novels I think her story is about done. Harris has obviously started to tie up loose ends in the storyline and is starting to craft a happily ever after for many of the characters.
So who will Sookie end up with? Let's weigh our options:
Bill - Will her first be her final? She rekindles her friendship with Bill this book and he shares the only romantic scene in the whole book when he tells her that she is still the only telepathic waitress for him.
Eric - We all want him to win. We have wanted him to win since the very beginning of the series when he lounged around all bored and Nordic in Fangtasia. We really wanted him to win when he was all helpless and taking showers. But do we still want him to win after reading book 12?????? This book doesn't really lead us to believe that Eric is going to be the happy ending that Sookie deserves.
Alcide - Hot. Hunky. Were-wolfy, but not the man for Sookie. This is pretty much laid out in book 12. She has distanced herself from him for the most part and continues to look for reasons why she thinks his pack-master werewolf cult is crazy and she wants no part in it.
Quinn - He just calls to tell Sookie that his future tiger-baby momma left him with no tiger-baby momma drama (short story from the companion introduces us to her). Could he be the big bad Tiger of her dreams? I admit, besides Eric, he definitely had the steamiest romance with Sookie.
Sam - Oh wait, did we all forget that Sam was in love with Sookie in the first book and that the two of them have had what may be considered the most healthy relationship out of the whole bunch of them? Sure he had a girlfriend that tried to get her killed (come to think of it he had a couple), but that is nothing for Sookie... Bill, Eric, Alcide... they all have crazy exes after the Sook, but book 12 did something new for us... it re-introduced us to Sam as a possible match for Sookie. Sookie had the power to make the world a better place. For a hot minute I thought she was gonna wish the world had her happy ending that she portrayed in her head.... but in the end she saved Sam... which has gotta mean something right?
So there you have it. I am gonna go with Eric for the win, but if Harris wants to throw us a curve ball she is going to go with Sam. Either way, Sookie is gonna probably go to Walmart at least once during her goodbye saga :)
+by+Charlaine+Harris.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment